Cornwall Pride is a charity with a wealth of knowledge from community leader trustees all subject mater experts supporting the entire community.
We have a working group made up of amazing people that work tirelessly throughout the calendar year to provide events throughout the year and to help delver on Cornwall Prides charitable objectives.
We also work with LGBTQ+ groups throughout the Duchy to hold regular events in places that are accessible to all to highlight acceptance, tolerance and acceptance whilst facilitating safe spaces for people to come together, meet new friends and enjoy being themselves.
- To promote and support equality and diversity; advance education, elimination of discrimination and support mental health. On the grounds of sexual orientation, gender identity and romantic orientation. For residents of and visitors to Cornwall, and where relevant nationally & internationally.
- Raising the awareness of the public with regard to all aspects of discrimination in society and issues and difficulties affecting the lives of LGBTQ+ people.
- Promoting human rights, by raising awareness of human rights
issues, promoting public support for human rights, obtaining redress for the victims of human rights abuse, and contributing to the sound administration of human rights law.
- Advancing education of the public to eliminate all aspects of discrimination and disadvantage suffered by reasons of being LGBTQ+.
- Cultivating a sentiment in favour of diversity, tolerance, inclusivity and equality in particular through celebrating the diversity of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Creating opportunities that celebrate and support the LGBTQ+ identity and community that are welcoming to all.
- Supporting the mental health of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Raising awareness of LGBTQ+ local, national and international history.
- Running LGBTQ+ events.
- Showcase the creative and artistic talents of LGBTQ+ people.
- Associating with voluntary organisations, governmental, public and private bodies to develop and maximise the effectiveness of voluntary organisations run by and for LGBTQ+ people.
- Making grants and/or donations to other charitable and voluntary organisations with the object of developing an environment in favour of LGBTQ+ equality by providing information, advice and